The Children's Innovation Center is a scientific and technical base that deals with the education of children and young people in the field of technical sciences, primarily: robotics, electronics and programming. Educators work in our center who impart knowledge to children aged 3.5-18 years applying the STEAM methodology. Our programs are designed by Lego experts for the early development of children and professors of technical faculties in Belgrade so that they awaken interest in these sciences in the best way, providing fun and attractive opportunities for research and learning, and all this by dealing with topics that are familiar and close to children.
Through our workshops, camps and courses, children learn to construct different types of robots and then program them. In this way, it immediately becomes clear to them how all their creations can be useful for the world in which they live. With this way of working, we give children and young people the necessary knowledge, develop creativity and innovation, and encourage them to create a prototype of a new product, software, video game, etc. themselves. Through this concept, children gain incredible self-confidence, experience science in a fun way and are ready to turn their ideas into a concrete product because they have already done so through activities at DIC. Within the DIC education sector, professors implement new STEAM methods in education programs on a quarterly basis, upgrade and improve existing programs and form new ones under the expert supervision of the DIC Board for Science and Education.
The members of the educational-scientific management board of DIC are eminent professors of the universities in Belgrade, Novi Sad and Kragujevac, distinguished scientific workers in their fields, and their main task is to monitor the work of the DIC sector for education and competitions. The business policy of the Children's Innovation Center in the next 3 years will be focused on the organization of events and competitions in Serbia with the aim of popularizing technical sciences in our country and region.
More significant events in 2022:
• Steam family day Symphony Novi Sad 03.04.2022. (realized)
• Steam family day Symphony Belgrade 03/04/2022 (realized)
• The first children's robo-shop - "Meeting of the Worlds" Novi Sad - Cultural Station Mlin - manifestation (April 2, 2022) (realized)
• First Children's RoboCup - "Meeting of the Worlds" Mathematical Gymnasium Belgrade - competition (April 9, 2022) (realized)
• Ecological planetarium - Ada Ciganlija September 2022.
• Play festival – Ada Ciganlija September 2022.
• Vukobratović Days of Robotics October 3-4, 2022, Belgrade
• Vukobratović Days of Robotics October 23, 2022 Vibe Factory – Novi Sad
The Children's Innovation Center has established strategic cooperation with many IT companies in which we also conduct activities and education, and with their support and help we realize events and competitions throughout the country.